BDO has the following vacancies in our offices across Namibia:
BDO has positions available for Audit Supervisors in our Windhoek Office, with the following minimum qualifications:
- Qualified Chartered Accountants; or
- Completed CTA and currently studying towards FQE exams; and
- Completed articles;
- High level of working knowledge of a variety of auditing software (CaseWare, APT, etc.);
- Ability and willingness to train Namibian Trainees to become Chartered Accountants or suitable experience for on-the-job training to young trainees.
Trainee Accountants for 2014: 3-5 year programme
BDO has 5 positions available for CA Trainee Accountants, with the following minimum qualifications:
- Exams passed towards becoming a Chartered Accountant;
- Currently studying towards CA with professional experience;
- Holder of a BCompt (or equivalent) degree with an accredited institute and registered for CTA;
- Experience in the use of Caseware Audit Workpapers;
Bursaries for the Academic Year 2014
The University of Namibia now offers a three year Bachelor of Accounting (Chartered Accountancy) degree, aimed specifically at local prospective CA’s. BDO is proud to be associated with this degree, and invites all prospective students eligible to register for this course, to apply for a bursary. We intend to give preference to bursary students who enroll for this degree.
- All students who are already studying, or who are planning to study towards a Chartered Accountant (Namibia) qualification;
- Students must qualify for admission or be registered for a B.Com (Accounting) or equivalent degree at a university recognized by the South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA) or by the Institute of Chartered Accountants Namibia (ICAN);
- Bursaries will be awarded on the basis of academic merit;
- Those persons who have other financial support or bursary whereby they are required to complete a period of work within the bursary-awarding entity, will not be eligible for a BDO bursary;
- BDO is an Employment Equity employer and preference will be given to Namibian students from previously disadvantaged groups.
Should you be interest in a Trainee Contract or Bursary for the year of 2014, please send your detailed CV and relevant supporting documentation (ID, qualifications, etc.) to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit on our website.
Applications close on the 30th of November 2013
NOTE: only short-listed candidates will be contacted.