The founder member in Namibia established an office in Windhoek in 1950, with a staff of 7.
BDO was established in 1991 when this founding firm joined BDO Spencer Steward and became part of the international network known today as BDO. In 1998 the current partners of BDO entered into a buy-out agreement with the founders.
The new partners realised the need to grow local roots and invested significantly in staff development, growing staff numbers from just 12 in 1998, to a staff complement of over 60 in 2009. It is noteworthy to mention that 2 of those original staff members were still employed by us in 2009, their years of service to BDO totaling to more than 50.
To accommodate the growing staff numbers and to be more accessible to our clients, the firm moved to new offices in 2000 in the CBD of Windhoek. This innovative building, which was described in the local press as “a strange looking, but interesting modern design”, clearly differentiated BDO from its competitors as innovative, lateral thinkers who are not afraid to be different.
In 2003 an office was opened in Walvis Bay to service our coastal clients, which increased in numbers yearly. In October 2007 we opened our offices in Oshakati to service our growing client base in the North of Namibia.
In 2010 we opened an office in Swakopmund, which provides an opportunity for coastal clients to receive hands-on service in their home town, whilst quality and the assurance of the global network is now a part of the package.